CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Party till you Puke

I am tired. I took care of both divas last week when they were vomiting (Wednesday and Thursday). Friday Sarah was still puking a bit, but got better as the day went on. On Thursday, a dreaded event occurred... taking Rebecca to the doctor for her 3-yr check up.
Rebecca loves to play doctor, read books about doctors, watch her "Elmo goes to the Doctor" movie, etc. But.... Taking her to the actual doctor prompts her to scream, flail, wail, and just be downright uncooperative on every level. Makes no sense to me.

Friday my best friend from Michigan, Amy, came into town for the weekend. That was fun. She is such a great help with the girls and the parties. Saturday was Rebecca's birthday party at the Jump Zone. I was impressed by how little was required of me. Just brought a cake and my credit card.

Sunday I had a baby shower at my house for one of my mommy friends. Everything went well. The only downside was after it was over I had to take Amy back to the airport. :O(

My goal to have Rebecca potty trained by age three is out the window. She is now three and still has no desire to potty anywhere but her diaper. Sigh, I figure I will give her a week and then start again. Getting her to wear panties is like trying to get Britney Spears to wear them.

Oh, I think I smell poop, off to change ANOTHER diaper. Don't envy my life too much!

3 comments:

meg said...

you were a superstar last weekend! party queen, and great at it! Rebecca will just get it one day...and for many kids it isnt worth banging your head against the wall until that magic moment. and once it happens...man, will you miss diapers (a freedom you dont realize you have) - how sad is that?

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love your goal of having Rebecca potty trained by three-I had that same goal. Just got the "Pottytraining bootcamp" book. I will let you know how it goes!!

Jackie said...

Abby was not trained until closer to 3.5 and that was only because her preschool teachers did it for me! I knew she could do it, it was just in her mind to not want to do it because she didn't have to. Nicole was the same way (maybe that says something about my parenting, who knows...) but that being said they are both well rounded children now who both know how to use the potty and all that stress I felt about what other people might think was all for nothing...your diva just wants to do things on her own timetable...you are used to that by now, aren't you? LOL! Welcome to life with two girls!