CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Martin Luther King Decor

Dear Homes With Christmas Lights still on,
It is now January 23rd and we are soon approaching the one month anniversary of Christmas passing. In years past I would have had witty and sarcastic musings for why you still have your light-up reindeer in your yard. I would have berated you for continuing to deck your halls and windows with festive lights and bows after the holiday season.

Now, I humbly thank you. Scouring neighborhoods for Christmas lights has become a scavenger hunt for my three year old. She gets so excited when we drive by a house that is ablaze with festivity and will announce, "Look Mom, there are Christmas Lights!"

The downside to this is she was under the impression that Santa was coming back. I had to explain that Santa needs 11 months to pay off his credit card and that the union mandates the elves get a paid vacation in February.

Now we have a new game when we see your house. My daughter will say, "Mom, are those Christmas Lights?" and I will respond with whatever holiday is closest, "No those are Martin Luther King Jr Day Lights".

All I ask is come St. Patrick's day you only turn on the green ones.
Thanks,
Amanda

4 comments:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Love it Amanda! You are too Funny!

meg said...

those are probably the houses with small children, huh? I'm thinking I need to start thinking about Christmas in June this year -in order to even get the lights up. You were WAAAAAAY ahead of us this year...well done! You've earned the right to mock, even as you appreciate the lights...

meg said...

I'm pretty sure it is not PC to slam one friend on another friend's blog, but when did political correctness ever keep me in line? So...

Amanda, what do you think about "neighbors" who leave their Christmas post up as the last thing they wrote - the only thing for us to read for months?

(wink, wink - just razzin' ya!)...

divamommy said...

I know! What's going on with that? Cough... Vikki...cough