CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

How much is too much?

One of my favorite people, Jackie recently moved five hours away. Jackie makes the world's greatest macaroni and cheese, so good that I have re-named it "Jack-a-roni and cheese". (oh, I crack me up!)
Jackie would bring her famous Jack-n-cheese to any social function we had, always by request. I loved it so much that I asked her for the recipe about a year back. Once she moved, I knew if I wanted to taste the creamy cheese and noodle casserole I would have to make it myself.
I made it for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it was almost as good. But honestly, sub par jack-n-cheese is far superior to any other.
I have made it three times in four weeks. I am most definitely not sick of it, but don't want my family to become tired of it.
How much can I make it before my family leads a protest?
I have a history of doing this. Shortly after Sarah was born I was hooked on a cheese soup that I made at least once a week until Bob said, "no more". (Do you sense a cheese pattern here?)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh dear, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying over here! I really am going to miss ya girl, but honestly, I'm usually better at "long distance" relationships anyhow, so maybe we'll get to talk even more this way now! Just so you know, my family has yet to complain of the goodness that is "jack-a-roni and cheese" :) Cheese soup sounds yummy too...wanna share that recipe??

meg said...

Amanda, we'll take your unwanted leftovers! And middle TN needs a new PQ (pasta queen) - that just might be YOU!