CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

4 year plan

"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
I was once asked that cliched question by an interviewer for a job I only sort of wanted. (Finance dept at Ford... if you are interested) My answer, "sitting at your desk, doing your job, only not asking stupid questions". Surprise! I didn't get the job...
I had loads of friends/acquaintances in college who loved to ramble on about five year plans. Some were complete with spread sheets and Power Point Presentations. I never cared. Maybe it is my ADHD at work, but I barely had a five minute plan, let alone years!

So here I am, five years from some point. Last Thursday was four years from the day I was married. Did I imagine that in four years I would be a SAHM with two little divas? Not really. I always thought I would have kids....someday...

I really don't have a five year plan or a four year plan at the moment, and probably never will. Wait, I take that back... in four years I will have two divas who are in elementary school.... who-hoo! Mark my words, first day of school 2012... party at my casa!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I hear ya girl! That is the question I cringe at during interviews! I doubt there is one person out there that 5 yrs ago expected to be where they are...5 yrs ago, I was living in southern CA, happy as a lark and pg. Who knew that in 5 yrs I would have already moved three times and have all the great friends I do because of that? Crazy stuff ;)

meg said...

Ok, call me a geek (again). Eric and I try to sit down and talk about where we WANT to be in 1, 5, 10 and 20 years...to sort of "put the idea out there" for the New Year. It also helps us communicate, think about our shared directions. I think in our 5 years together we have formally done the exercise twice...but I love the idea of it. Then again, I swear that if I say I want something - its the surest way to make sure it does NOT happen!! So where would you *like* to be in 5yrs, Amanda - rich, published author?