CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Hey Angelina-That's a lot of babies

I just realized I currently have eleven friends who are pregnant. That's like a basketball team or something in the making. Or, Angelina and Brad's family. (I am not so good with the sports analogies, but do love my celebrity gossip)

I went to a Baby Boutique in Franklin yesterday to buy a gift for one of my bulbous-bellied friends and had a slight twinge in my stomach. Cute little blankets, stuffed animals, pacifiers, and cribs beckoned me from every corner. I wanted to scoop up the whole lot and take it home with me.

Luckily, I had the Divas with me to give me a healthy reality check. Sarah started in with her half-cry, half-yell that made me rush through the store. Rebecca started telling me how much she "needed" a stuffed pink pig. (I guess the hundred or so stuffed animals that have already taken residence in our house are not enough)

I pushed my semi-truck equivalent stroller out of there as fast as I could. As I rounded the corner, I saw the "dirty secret" area. Tucked away from the glitter and fluff were the real nuts and bolts of babyhood. Breast pumps, nothing glamorous about those! Nipple shields and creams (sexy!!), medicine dispensers, emergency kits, safety devices, child-proofing kits.... all the things new moms need, but no one wants to buy.

I decided to order a Costco pallet of hemorrhoid cream for each mother and an industial size bottle of Benadryl for each baby. Gifts that I KNOW will get used! ;O)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

haha! That would be the best gift ever!

meg said...

if you're gonna buy hem cream...throw in some Tucks! My MIL just told me they are good FACE wipes!! Guess the witchhazel would be a good astringent...but just the thought...

Bob said...

So.....I guess I am the "DH"? Probably about time I left a comment huh. These are top notch musings and I am very impressed. I have you flagged on my Google Reader now, so I will be watching, please don't be to mean to me.

All I really want to say is you are the best Diva Mom in the world and I love you!