CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Very Diva Christmas

A brief re-cap of the last week:

Monday- got strep throat. Well, technically I don't know when I contracted it, that was just the day of my diagnosis. Plus side, doctor says I am down 4 lbs since last visit (2 weeks ago) Deem throat too sore to eat much beyond popsicles.
Bob home on vacation.

Tuesday- choir practice (which I pretty much sat silently through- see Mon) Bob still home.

Wednesday- Christmas Eve. Went to my parents for lunch. Went to church at 4 and 6 masses, sang my three sizes too small heart out. Came home, wrapped presents, played Santa. Got to take a bite out of the cookies Rebecca and Sarah left out for the fat man in red. Guilt free, as am doing parental duty and making memories. Weighed myself before bed, down one more lb, not sure how. Wonder how Bob managed to make it through entire holiday without wrapping a single gift.

Thursday- Wake up before divas. Enjoy coffee and silence, knowing this is probably last year of peace before the divas wake me up at an absurdly early time to open presents. In true Diva fashion, Rebecca does not want to wear Christmas pajamas in red plaid print that were painstakingly picked out for her. Feels that Cinderella dress with Belle crown is more appropriate. For once, I win the wardrobe battle, only by promising the opening of presents.

Later Thursday- Divas have bored with the ripping open of paper, and now want to play. May or may not uttered very loud curse words over the packaging for a Barbie doll. Send Divas to Daddy with all other presents that need opening or assembly.

Even later Thursday- Fall asleep, woken up by loud crying. Rebecca has ran into the kitchen island, and the island won the battle. Rebecca is more upset about potentially getting blood on her outfit (Cinderella dress up complete with hooker heels) than she is the pain. Cut is very deep and bleeding a lot.

30 minutes later- in route to the E.R. Rebecca is still asking me why she could not wear her princess dress to the "doctor"

1 hour later- armed with two teddy bears, a popsicle, a coloring book and crayons, and a dermabonded forehead, Rebecca is realeased from the ER. I am assuming a large bill is on it's way for me.

Friday- Bob still on vacation, went to scour clearance racks at Target and Kohls. Bought pajamas for the divas with my Christmas money.Wonder when the day will come that I spend my Christmas money on myself?

1 comments:

Jackie said...

Girl - you need to stop spending your money on them! I know it is hard (trust me, I want to do it too) but you just gotta do it! I actually take my checks and cash them out now so that I know it is just "my" money...if it goes into the bank account, it is left to pay bills...how boring.

Glad Rebecca is doing OK...kitchen islands hurt!