CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Dora and Playboy

Since starting this blog last week, I realized I really enjoy writing. I only wish I had more time! I am definitely not above letting the television baby sit my children so I can get something done, but the dishes and laundry have not received the message that diva-mom has better things to do!

Dora the Explorer is a staple in my house. Dora the show, Dora books, Dora plates, toys, underwear, I swear they will stick that Latino girl's face on anything! Sarah can say approximately 5 words clearly. One of those is Dora. (See Noggin IS just like pre-school on t.v.)

The reason I bring this up? I am able to sit here and type this because currently Dora is teaching my kids some Spanglish..

Before I had kids there were many shows I said my kids would not watch. There were also many shows I didn't even know existed. We have all heard of Dora and SpongeBob due to their mugs being splashed on every product available. (Kotex presents the "SpongeBob Sponge!" "extra absorbency!") There were channels I didn't even know existed. Noggin? Sprout? Nick? Nick Jr? Playboy? Disney?
Well, maybe you say Playboy isn't for kids, but once you have two toddlers running you ragged all day, paired with a husband who still thinks you should give him some more than bi-monthly, you do what you gotta do.
Believe me, if Momma Diva ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!

5 comments:

QueenBksp said...

Playboy? Why doesn't my tv get that channel?

Jackie said...

Noggin - just like preschool on TV...how true that is and how much it made me laugh out loud!

you know I'm right there with ya on the TV watching! Abby learned how to count to ten in spanish by watching Dora...yeah, I could have taught her, but I think Dora taught her in a much more fun way!

Hmmm...I might have to check out the Playboy channel...maybe it will help me out too!

meg said...

you go, girl!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love this post. You are so funny...playboy? Love it!

Anonymous said...

LOVES IT!