CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hump Day Musings....Presents, garlic, and Red Bull

I have lots of presents to wrap.... the divas and I are road-tripping on Saturday to see my grandparents for Christmas, so I can slack no longer on wrapping the gifts that need to go with me. I wrapped some of the diva's gifts one evening, and now I can't remember what I bought them!

My friend Amy from MI sent a GIANT box of gifts for the divas today. I went ahead and let them open them, and I am glad I did, because it takes Rebecca approximately 30 minutes to open one gift! Christmas day should be fun. I am thinking of letting them open all of the non-Santa gifts before Christmas.

Seriously, Rebecca pulled one-inch strips of wrapping paper. One at a time.... I was starting to think she would outgrow the toy before she got it open. Auntie Amy sent a FP laptop, an Elmo Live!, 2 puzzle books, candy, and some cute clothes. My favorite- each diva got a cute t-shirt that says "Future Wolverine" (U of Michigan is my Alma mater). Normally I am not a big fan of shirts that "say" things, but these are super- cute.

My house smells like garlic. I made a spaghetti bake for dinner. I loathe cooking. Well, that is not entirely true, I enjoy cooking without people fussing at my feet. The divas are under the impression that I am a short order cook. Rebecca usually turns down whatever I am making in lieu of a bowl of fruit. She is not willing to eat meat, or much else but fruit and crackers. (and the occasional chicken nugget) She also likes ice. She is one Red Bull and Marlboro away from being a model.

Sarah will eat about anything you give her. I love that. Rebecca has been picky since she was in the womb! She started that Diva behavior early.......but at least she gets it honestly!

4 comments:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love your comment about how you llike to cook just not with your divas fussing under foot. Gosh, I know that is true. Just throw it in the oven and hope it comes out alright--Right?

meg said...

your divas ROCK, Amanda! But, then, that's no surprise...

My kids are the opposite of yours - I cant get their hyperactive tails to sit down long enough to unwrap anything!!!

Jackie said...

I keep an Excel spreadsheet for gifts and the instant I buy something online or at the store, I put it on there. It also helps me remember who I still need to buy things for, and I put a column of "ideas" and then a "bought" column so I can jot down ideas throughout the year too. Just a thought :)

Miss ya girl!

QueenBksp said...

McKenna must remove every shred of paper and tape from the package before she can take said gift out. I envision myself celebrating my 40th birthday while she unwraps her last package from "Auntie Katie"