CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Maybe I am a four year old....

After writing about "Twilight" yesterday, I realized there are more things that make me like a 14 year old girl.

"Harry Potter"... the movies, the books, the characters. I own HP t-shirts, movies, deluxe edition movies, books (both hardcover and paperback). I love it. When "Goblet of Fire" came out in theaters I was 8 months pregnant with Rebecca. I managed to sit through a three hour movie with only one bathroom break, which is like a dang record. Yes, my bladder was sore for a week after, but it was so worth it.

When I was 7 months pregnant with Sarah "The Order of the Phoenix" came out in theaters. I looked about 13 months pregnant, but proudly sported a "Gryfindor" t-shirt to the movie. I wish I had taken a picture because I am certain I looked hilarious. Keep in mind that I wear a large or x-large t-shirt when not pregnant, and this t-shirt was a medium... totally stretched over my bulbous frame.

When the last "HP" book came out, my wonderful hubby had pre-ordered it so it arrived first thing in the morning. I read the entire 800 page book that day. I was pregnant with Sarah at the time, or I would have went to the bookstore at midnight to get a copy. I like to think I was instilling a love of Harry Potter in my girls from the time they were in the womb.

*side note, when the first HP movie came out, I thought Daniel Radcliffe was a cute little kid. Fast forward 6 years.... I would so be his Mrs. Robinson.

"Spongebob Squarepants"... I don't know if this makes me a 14 year old girl, or a 4 year old, but I think this show is freaking hilarious. I love that my 3 year old loves it. I am willing to buy my girls SB toys, movies, clothes, books, snacks... mainly because I can not find these items in my size. I have to admit, there is a twinge of jealousy that runs through me every time I see my daughter in her SpongeBob jammies.

"The Disney Store"... I can not go to the mall without checking out the Disney store- with or without my children in tow. I swear, it is the freaking happiest place on earth, with the exception of Disney WORLD. My favorite part of Disney world is the souvenir shopping (and the food... but that's a different blog). The genius minds at Disney took the best part of Disney and brought it to my local mall....pure genius. I only wish they made that cute Tinkerbell costume in my size.

"I-Carly", "Hannah Montana", and "Drake and Josh"- love 'em! I will sometimes lie to my kids that the t.v. is broken so we have to watch them. They take me back to my actual youth when I would watch "Saved by the Bell", "Out of This World", and "You Can't do that on Television"

"American Idol"- Seacrest may no longer sign of with "Seacrest out", but I can remember a time when he did. I have watched every season since Kelly Clarkson sang her way into America's heart. I have rooted for Clay, Reuben, Carrie, David, and more. I have witnessed Paula's comedowns from various drugs and medications. Hell, I remember when Randy was FAT!

"MTV Movie, Video Music, or any other Award"- I always watch, although I am not as familiar with the songs as I once was. There are a lot of new "singers" who don't make any sense to me... i.e. Katy Perry, Lady Ga-ga, etc....they are more interested in running around on stage showing their ta-tas, screaming nonsensical bulls*t into a microphone. Remember when artists would take the stage and actually sing? Huh.I sounded a lot like my dad just then....maybe I am getting old after all.

2 comments:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love awards shows and also I really enjoyed the Harry Potter books!!

Jackie said...

I'm with ya on the first two!