CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I am starting to get those 700 lb people...

I just finished mopping my kitchen floor, so I thought I would throw a blog out there while I wait for it to dry.
Not too much new in Diva land, we had our dear friends Amy and Natalie from Michigan stay with us for the weekend. Rebecca came up to me early Monday morning with eyes as big as saucers and said to me in her most pathetic voice, "Mommy, when is Amy going to come back? I miss her". I was about to shed a tear until I heard the follow up; "I am so sad, I think you should buy me a kitty to cheer me up". Wow, I am surprised she has learned a skill like that so young... men are screwed in about 15 years.

We went out to the bar Saturday night, something I have not done in years. I was excited because my DH was able to go with us, compliments of me throwing a couple twenties at the baby-sitter. I forgot how much fun DH and I used to have out with friends before we entered the world of parenting.

I honestly wish I could spend the rest of the day being obnoxiously lazy. I can imagine myself lying in bed, reading, eating ice cream. However, the laundry does not do itself, and the Diva's are not able to reach the knobs. The weekend does not offer any reprieve, I have to go teach the first communion kids some songs on Saturday and then church on Sunday. Good times. Some days I imagine myself when the kids are in school, being that woman you see on the TLC specials... "Tennessee woman has not left her bed for 3 years..." Nah, I would get bored. Three days... now that sounds doable!

1 comments:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

AWWWW, buy that cute little Diva a kitty!!