CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Workin' For The Weekend


I should start by saying I have a huge t.v. crush on Joel McHale, just in case this is your first visit to diva-land. He is funny as hell, which goes a long way with me. He is tall, which is also a physical trait I am into. And, he is cute. (I could be describing my husband here, btw. He is cute, which I noticed immediately when I met him, but his sense of humor is what got me. And, he is over 6 foot, which I LOVE)
Enough about my husband, back to my boyfriend. I have been watching "The Soup" on E! for years now, and the crush on Joel has grown stronger every Friday. I even bought the movie "Open Season 2" for my "kids" (read: myself) because Joel voices the main character in the animated flick. So, yeah, I guess listening to his voice is just as good for me.
As a kid and a teen I did not develop a lot of crushes. Mostly, I would find myself crushing on the "funny" guy. I was more partial to Will Ferrell on SNL than Brad Pitt.
I have recently developed a secondary crush to Joel. His name is Chris Hardwick. Like I mentioned, I have watched "The Soup" for years, and last week watched the spin off, "Web Soup" with host Chris Hardwick. Great show, very similar format to "The Soup".

As always, I have a point, I just have to ramble before I get to it. Friday night my DH and I are traveling up to Louisville sans Divas for an overnight stay. We have tickets to see Joel McHale's show at 8:00. I went to see him in February and it was a blast. Yesterday I started Internet stalking my new boyfriend, Chris Hardwick, and found out he is going to be opening for Joel Mchale on Friday! Who-hoo. If only Robert Pattinson could come along, this could be my perfect weekend. No kids, hubby in tow, laughing our asses off at two hilarious (hot) guys! I am sure if DH was writing this he would think it was his perfect weekend if Megan Fox was coming along (slut), but she's not, so, suck it, Bob....

I am hoping to get another picture with Joel, preferably one where I don't look like I just got off a three day bender. Maybe wear a little makeup this time, etc. True, that picture was taken after driving 5 plus hours to St. Louis, shopping all day, and waiting until midnight for Joel. Still, more effort should have been made. I did replace my wedding picture with this one, after all.

I should go back and count how many times I mentioned "The Soup" or Joel and look into some compensation. I tell you, I would ROCK as his publicist!

4 comments:

meg said...

I think you married the right one. The 5 min I spoke with Bob, I thought he had the cutest sense of humor, too. Have fun on your date...with all your men!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Have a great weekend!!

QueenBksp said...

I am highly offended that you think you like you are coming off a 5 day bender in your Joel pic. I did my best to capture you at your finest. Joel, however, looks like he forgot how to shave. I hope he find his razor for your KY show. And speaking of KY...don't forget to pack some - just incase ;-)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Oo I also love Joel McHale. He never fails to make me laugh.