CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I wonder if I dropped Acid....


I have never gotten into recreational drugs. I am more of a "sprain your ankle for the vicodin" type of substance abuser. I had friends in college who did "e", dropped acid, etc. I honestly could not recognize any of those if you put them in front of me right now. (but I can quote the "Pharmaceutical Bedside Handbook" on the differences between percocet and lortab)

The unfortunate side effect of this lack of drug use is that I will never experience a flash back. I think I have found a way to come pretty close. "Yo-Gabba-Gabba". No, I am not mumbling. There is actually a show on Nickelodeon and Noggin (just like preschool on TV) called "Yo-Gabba-Gabba".

YGG features a 7 foot tall black man named "D.J. Lance Rock" who weighs about 45 lbs and wears an orange jumpsuit and a furry orange hat. No, really, I am not making this up.

There are a plethora of characters ranging from the red bumpy cyclops named "Muno" (who very closely resembles a "bumpy for her pleasure" toy that I once saw), "Foofa" a pink, squeaky voiced flower thing that dances, "Brobee", a vertically challenged, green-striped creature with three horns on his head, "Toodee", a blue, cat-looking object, and "Plex" the yellow robot.

There are other weird segments on the show including, no lie, a song called "Don't Bite Your Friends", an animated show titled, "Super Martian Robot Girl",and "Cool Tricks" where kids or adults demonstrate their.... wait for it.... cool tricks. Um yeah, a 12 year old girl played "three blind mice" on the recorder with her NOSE the other day, not really a "cool trick" in my book....

And then there is my favorite...."Dancy Dance Time". This is where legitimate celebrities come onto the show to teach the dildo and his friends a "dancy dance". I have seen Elijah Wood, Tony Hawk, Mya, Muhammad Ali's daughter, Rachel Dratch, and that chick who sings through her nose from "Sugarland".

DH bought the Divas a dvd of YGG the other day. It has four episodes, I am assuming that is the requisite amount of time a stoner needs to "come down". My divas love this show more than I love a 75% off sale. So, am I setting them to be college druggies who just have to get back that "yo Gabba-Gabba" feeling from their youth? Nah, they will probably have a been there, done that feeling about the whole thing.

As for "Noggin"? Not only are you like pre-school on t.v., at times you are also like college on t.v.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my gosh, I am seriously dying over here! I couldn't stop laughing, for real! Abby loves this show and it is one show that I just don't get...seriously. I keep trying to find some hidden meaning in it or something I'm suppose to learn...last time I did learn how to hang a spoon off my nose though...hmmm...guess that is something!

meg said...

OK, so every time i check into your blog and see the title "I wonder if I dropped acid" I think to myself "yeah, I wonder if you did, too" - hee hee (I might have, for real). Maybe that would help get you through preschool registration. I remember struggling with that, not believing everyone when they said I wouldnt be able to live without it...and now I'm dependent. talk about a drug...
we miss seeing you around at stuff...

Jackie said...

Did you see that Jack Black is going to be on Yo Gabba Gabba as a "2nd" DJ type thing? I wonder how long he will be on it for...should make it more interesting!