CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's Been a Long, Long Time

Sorry about the lack of posting. It wasn't until a complete stranger from blogger-land e-mailed to ask if I was continuing my blog! OOPS! So what have the Diva's been up to?
Rebecca: fully potty trained, including night time! YAY! My weekly Target bill has decreased due to no longer having to buy Pull-ups. I took her to buy big girl panties a few weeks ago, and in true diva fashion, she picked out 21 pairs! She got a set of "iCarly" panties (her hero!), "Madagascar" panties, and "Tinkerbell" panties. Add these to her existing collection that includes plain colors, Disney Princesses, Elmo, Care Bears, Wiggles, and Dora, and she has a huge drawer full of panties!

Tomorrow is Rebecca's pre-school orientation, and then she starts her pre-school classes on Monday. I am happy and scared all at once. She is so excited, but I am so used to being with her all day every day, I am nervous about being away from her two days a week.

Rebecca also begins dance class on Thursday. It is "ballet-based" for 3 and 4 year olds. I am so not the dancing type-recital-stage-mom, but she has begged to take dance classes all summer.

Sarah has been talking more and more. She can say "Rebecca" and it is about the sweetest thing I have ever heard. She really does look up to her big sister. I have begun preparations for Sarah's 2nd birthday party. I am keeping it small since Sarah does not like huge crowds. Although, even small, it looks like about 20 people are coming! Sarah's two loves are "Dora" and"yo gabba gabba". I decided to go with "Dora" since it is easier to find. Dora cake and some fiesta decor. More on that to come!

What have I been doing? Redecorating, one of my favorite things! I just finished painting my bedroom and am now working on my master bath. That has kept me busy most evenings. Well, that and Farmville. (a game on Facebook that has me addicted!)

Well, I am off to paint, or tend to my farm....whichever mood strikes me first!

2 comments:

meg said...

I have been meaning to write to you...to say THANK YOU. We are still enjoying some of the beautiful dresses you gave to Willow. Just didnt want you to think I'd forgotten the sweet gift...it is remembered. I decided I was going to forego the birthday parties for Camden for one.more.year (he'll be 5 before he gets a real party - bad mom!). But you've always enjoyed that stuff more than me. Hope you and the girls are doing well...and that the decorating is fun. Really, I wish I enjoyed any of that. If you need to plan a party or decorate a home...you let me know, K? Have fun!

Jackie said...

hey girl! Glad things are going well and that you are now able to spend a few extra bucks saved at Target on Starbucks instead! Cuz' you know that is what you are supposed to do, right? :)

I bet the birthday party will be a blast! I think smaller ones always are anyhow...have fun with it!

I promise to get down to see you next time we are there, k? Just remind me, haha! Weekend of Sept. 12th!