CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am going to miss you, Bitty...

Dear Lil Bit,
You came into my life a month after my brother died. I remember going to the pet store and seeing all 1 1/2 pounds of you viciously chewing away at the newspaper lining your cage. I remember the man putting on protective gloves to get you out of the cage, which cracked me and my dad up. What could this tiny puppy do that made a burly man put on gloves?
Ah, yes, teeth like razor blades...
You destroyed my Doc Martin shoes with your tiny fangs, you would not sleep at night, you were so little you had to wear a bell around your neck so we could find you, you would dart out of the front door every chance you got and run furiously around the yard until I could catch you.
You were the much needed distraction that my family needed. You would snuggle and love us without asking for anything in return. Though we swore never to give you "people" food, your cute persuasive ways won out in the end. For nearly eleven years you were a constant source of joy, comfort, distraction from grief, and unbridled amounts of love.
I knew you were getting older, and God must have felt like you had fulfilled your purpose. We loved you from the moment we lay eyes on your furry little body. I always thought you looked like a luck dragon, and we were lucky to share in your life. I hope you felt it was a good life... filled with love from your family.
I always felt like, in a way, you were Alex's dog, even though he never got to meet you. I hope you are with him now, I know you two will have a ball.
Until I see you again, I love you a whole lot, Little Bit French...
Thank you for your life, I feel blessed that we were able to share it.... (10/12/98-8/28/09)

1 comments:

Bob said...

Even me being not much of a pet person loved Little Bit. She was more like Amanda's sister than the family pet. She was the first member of the French family that fell in love with me, and am pretty sure tried to steal me from Amanda. Had I not received the ok from Bitty, this blog may not exist as I hear stories of another that Bitty ran out of the house. So you are all aware, if you enjoy this blog, you owe a thank you to Little Bit French. Without whom the "Diva's" may not have had the chance to wear Princess dresses, and demand nothing but the food they like. I am pretty sure Amanda would still love Joel McHale though.
Miss you Bitty......