CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I could get a bit petty here....

Sorry, I am a horrible blogger. I think about you guys, I swear, I just haven't found the time to write. Between my kids, housework, church, and Facebook obligations, it is hard to squeeze much more in.On the plus side, the outline of my book is coming along swimmingly, so you can all have the oppurtunity to purchase my wonderful musings someday.
I kind of sound like a guy who had (what the chick thought) a great date with a woman, never called, and then awkwardly ran into her at Trader Joe's. By that I mean full of excuses. Don't get mad at me, blame that bastard, Facebook. He sucks me in with his clever games! Sexy City, Farmville, Farm Town, ahh! Three to seven minutes of escapism!
I recently had some "old friends" drop me as friends on Facebook. I used to be in the same mom's group as them, until one of the members who was "supposed" to be my good friend started rumors about me and began acting like we were back in Junior High. The only thing I want to relive from JH is my waistline. This friend, we shall call her "Melissa", told me that everyone in the group talked about me, and filled my head with paranoia, etc, etc until I left the group. After the fact I realized that "Melissa" is certifiably cra-zy, and I should not have taken her at her word.
My point..... when I left the group I had a lot of "keep in touches", etc. I was friends with a bunch of the mom's on FB, and most of them I still am. There are some with whom my relationship has barely changed, we chat, etc. Then there are those three or four that dropped me and gave me no explanation...odd. One if them I was a pretty good friend.
Maybe my bloated self esteem is to blame here, but, I think I rock... so if someone chooses not to be my friend, oh well. It hurts a tad, but I have some great friends, and for that I am grateful. Especially all of you in blogger land (although I am beginning to think only my hubby reads this)...
I will blog again soon, but for now, my farm needs some tending!


2 comments:

Jackie said...

You sound like me, haha! Sometimes at night, I sit and try to decide why I'm REALLY playing Farmville and Mafia Wars. Really, there is not point to it for me. I'm not trying to beat all my friends, I'm not trying to kill anyone...it truly is a big time waster...but some nights I decide the next morning I'm just going to delete all my games but then in the morning, I just can't do it!

And I'm sorry you had/have issues with some friends...I think I know what you are talking about, but I've tried to stay far away from it. I didn't drop you from FB, did I? LOL! If I did, it was not on purpose! Keep your chin up girl! Sadly, a lot of "adult" friendships do not last long at all...it sucks, but it happens.

And keep the book going...I wanna proofread it for you! I'm good at that :)

meg said...

wow. I have been following you on FB, not here...and this post surprised me. I have to admit, I am largely clueless about this (although I surely could have forgotten someting important). I was frustrated around the time you left, but know these things happen and am glad to have kept some contact with you. I hope you didnt feel wronged by me - did you tell the *other* person who did you wrong? (leaving all the Melissa stuff aside)